- How does the platform (TRM and BlackBox) work?
The TRM enables front end control and digitizes the signals. The custom BlackBox does some signal processing, handles the processing of the signal data and communicates with the dolphicam2 Software that runs in the ToughPad.
To collect a pulse-echo-signal from a transducer element, an 70V pulse is excited on the transmitting electrode creating a sound field along the entire transmitting electrode, hence across all the receiver electrodes. The ultrasound goes through coupling and/or material and the reflected pulse is sampled on only one receiver electrode.
- Is there a limit to the size of the defect that the dolphicam2 can detect?
Ultrasonic physics will dictate what can be detected. Generally speaking, the higher the frequency of the ultrasonic waves, the higher the sensitivity. Higher sensitivity means you can see more. Simple; but this doesn’t mean you can see through everything!
- How thick can a material be for the dolphicam2?
As above, this is also dictated by the laws of Physics. The target material’s characteristics and the frequency at which it is inspected by the dolphicam2 will dictate how deep the sound will be able to penetrate.
- Are the delay lines interchangeable?
Interchangeable delay lines are available on some TRM models.
- There’s lots of composites out there. Is that all the dolphicam2 platform can be used for?
The dolphicam2 platform can be used for NDT applications in industries such as automotive, aerospace and wind turbine.
- Is there any kind of beam steering in the dolphicam2 platform?
The dolphicam2 platform provides straight beam inspection with incredible resolution.
- When is Total Focusing Method (TFM) going to be available?
TFM is available for the Bscan presentations from Software release 1.3.1.
- Can you measure porosity in composites?
While the dolphicam2 platform can detect porosity, being able to quantify porosity data in each area is not available at this time. We plan to make this available in the near future.
- Can I customise the screen layout?
The dolphicam2 platform does not allow you to customise the layout. However, users can manipulate the certain views like the gates, palette and measurement tools on the screen.
- Is there an API? If so, can I have access?
At this time there is no publicly accessible API for the dolphicam2 platform.
- How is the dolphicam2 platform calibrated (service check)?
Annual calibration is done remotely by sending the calibration data file to email@example.com. There is a cost associated with this; please speak to your account manager for further information.
- Can the dolphicam2 platform TRM be used to inspect curved surfaces?
The TRMs are incredibly ergonomic and easy to manipulate. If using a softer delay-line, this can conform to some curvature. For curvatures like pipes, etc. we hope to provide options for this in the near future.
- Do you make different size and shapes of TRM?
At this moment in time we do not. However, we take full advantage of the 128×128 Matrix array transducer in our current design probes to provide an incredible level of depth in real-time.
- Can I use the dolphicam2 platform for immersed inspection?
dolphicam2 is IP66 rated, which means it can withstand powerful dust and water jets. It would also be safe to immerse the front end of the TRM a few millimetres into water for immersed inspection.
- What is the starting price for the dolphicam2 platform?
We have multiple options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Can I rent a dolphicam2 platform from you?
Not at this time. To purchase one, please get in touch using our Contact Us form.