TeamCenter User Manual
To be able to create TeamCenter Libraries, the NDT experts needs:
- DolphiCam Expert Camera (to create settings files)
- TeamCenter/Expert (to create Libraries)
- TeamCenter/Inspector (to test the Libraries)
- We also recommend PowerPoint or a similar image editing tool to create the JPG files for the buttons.
We reccommend the installation bundle that includes both DolphiCam, TeamCenter/Expert and TeamCenter/Inspector. Find the installation file, start it and follow the instructions.
Find the TeamCenter/Expert icon on your desktop or in the Start Menu, and start the Application. TeamCenter/Expert User Interface:
How: Go to the Tab “Configuration”.
Decide if the Inspector is allowed to change the measurement units.
- Values: User decides unit | Millimeters | Inches | Mils
Use this option if you want to force the user to use a DolphiCam Camera with the same version as was used to create the DolphiCam settings file.
- Load: Load a DolphiCam setting file saved with the specified camera version.
- Clear: Reset version setting
TeamCenter supports user defined Common Procedure Language. These texts apply to the Inspection Registration Screen and to the reports. So, the NDT expert can edit and upload a data file with the appropriate texts for his business. This file type is called a Metadata file, read about it here.
- Load: Load a metadata file
- In the aerospace industry, a inspection site could be a “Body Shop”, while in the aerospace industry it would be a “MRO”.
- In the automotive industry, an object would be identified by “License Plate”, while in the aerospace industry it would be “Registration”.
How: Go to the File menu.
- New: Create a new library
- Open: Open an existing library
- Save: Save the current library
- Save As: Save the current library under a new name
- Recent files: Access a list of the most recent libraries
- Exit: Close Application
How: Goto tab “Procedures”
Every inspection procedure sits at the end of a 5 level tree branch. The expert can name the branches anything he wants using the metadata file, but in TeamCenter/Expert, the levels are called Brand > Model > Year > Part > Area.
- Example Automotive: Lamborghini > Huracan > 2014 > B-Pillar > Critical Area A
- Example Aerospace: Boeing > 787 > 787-8 > Fuselage Section 44 > Skin on Stringer
- Add a node by clicking the green “+ Add item” in a list box.
- Enter a name for the node in the Name field.
- To add an image for the button, click on the large camera picture, and select a image file (jpg format).
- A preview of the button is displayed on the right side.
- Click on the appropriate node, and change the Name field
- Click on the picure to select a new image (jpg format).
- Click on the appropriate node, and select “Delete”
Inspection Procedure fields:
- Inspection Procedure Text: The Expert puts the NDT procedure into this field.
- Images to Include (select/deselect)
- Time of Flight
- 3D allowed to rotate? Yes/No
- B-scan V(ertical)
- B-scan H(orizontal)
- DolphiCam settings: Load a DolphiCam settings file for the selected area.
- Info: After the file loads, the software/firmware version for that file is displayed.
- Additional image/text: A series of images supporting the inspection procedure.
- Garbage can: Delete Image
- Plus sign: New image from file
- Camera: New image from Web Camera. Camera opens, then press “Ok” to take picture, or “Cancel” to close.