DolphiCam Expert is a mobile and ergonomic ultrasound camera system designed for NDT/NDI inspection of CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics). A unique dry and wet transducer technology with high performance signaling electronics creates high-resolution 2D and 3D images of suspected damage areas to verify the status of the material, and helps manufacturing- and service personnel to perform effective QA and to develop the best repair strategy for a damage.
The DolphiCam 3D visualizer creates crystal clear images of the material defects, and makes it easy to perform a defect analysis and to develop an optimal repair strategy. The 3D image can be zoomed, panned and rotated.
DolphiCam connects to a standard Windows PC or Tablet through the USB port, and makes the system very portable and flexible.
- The silicone based transducer mat enables dry coupling on painted or shiny surfaces. The system can of course also be used with water or contact gel.
- The DolphiCam software creates A-, B- and C-scan images of very high quality. By adjusting pulse and gate settings, color thresholds and other camera settings, material defects is easily identified.
- The system supports both Amplitude and Time-of-Flight modes.
- Manual stitching support makes it easy to cover larger areas.
- Camera settings are easily stored and retrieved for quick camera configuration.
DolphiCam Expert now includes Research features, previously shipped in a separate product. The DolphiCam DataAnalyzer software lets you save and postprocess full matrix raw data sets, apply custom filters and export VTK files to create impressive 3D visualizations in Paraview or similar software.
- User defined pulses
- Save raw data, unfiltered
- Save raw data, filtered
- Sample Matlab script for reading raw data
- View and manipulate data in DolphiCam DataAnalyzer.
- Designed for CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic)
- Model CF08 – for material up to 8 mm thickness
- Model CF16 – for material up to 16 mm thickness
- High resolution 2D & 3D video images
- ~16.000 (124×124) transducer elements
- A-scan,B-scans (horizontal and vertical), and C-scan
- Manual stitching
- Amplitude and Flight-of-Time
- User friendly, easily operated by non-experts
- Compact and ergonomic
- DolphiCam CF08 or CF16 Expert Ultrasound Camera with USB cable and protective cap
- USB key with DolphiCam Expert software
- Charger (EU, US, UK and AUS adapters)
- Spare Protective Cap
- Plexiglas “flower” for test/demo
- Transportation case
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 8
- i5 dual core processor or equivalent
- 4Gb Ram
- 800×600 pixels screen resolution
- Product information (pdf)
- Introduction videos
- DolphiCam Research User Manual (pdf)
- DolphiCam DataAnalyzer